Nursing jobs in Rhode Island pay well
Posted on February 4, 2013
For those interested in getting a two-year degree, it might be eye-opening to note that nursing jobs in Rhode Island pay decently.
There are several other jobs that require only associate degrees that also pay well.
CareerBuilder and Economic Modeling Specialists released a list of the most lucrative professions that dont require a bachelors and top-paying jobs that do. The study uses EMSIs labor market database.
Nearly one in five employers (18 percent) reported that their educational requirements for jobs in their organizations have increased over the last five years, said Brent Rasmussen, President of CareerBuilder North America. A college education is one of the best investments you can make. Not only does it increase the amount of opportunities available to you, it also significantly boosts your earning potential.
Best-Paying Jobs Requiring an Associates Degree
While job requirements and pay will vary by organization, top-paying jobs based on median salary in the U.S. include:
1) Air Traffic Controller $113,547 manages air traffic to ensure safe flying1
2) Radiation Therapist $76,627 treats cancer and other diseases with radiation
3) Dental Hygienist – $70,408 examines patients, cleans teeth and provides other dental care
4) Nuclear Medicine Technologist – $69,638 prepares and administers radioactive drugs and uses this when scanning patients for abnormalities
5) Nuclear Technician – $68,037 assists in nuclear research and production
6) Registered Nurse – $65,853 provides patient care and educates patients about various health conditions
7) Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – $65,499 diagnoses medical conditions using special imaging equipment such as an ultrasound, sonogram, etc.
8) Fashion Designer – $63,170 creates clothing, shoes and accessories
9) Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technician – $61,547 operates equipment used in developing and testing new aircraft and spacecraft
10) Engineering Technician (except drafters) – $58,698 help engineers and scientists in research and development, specializing in different areas
Best-Paying Jobs Requiring a Bachelors Degree
1) Petroleum Engineer – $122,242 design methods for extracting oil and gas from the earths surface
2) Airline Pilot, Copilot and Flight Engineer – $105,518 flies and navigates aircraft
3) Aerospace Engineer – $102,409 designs aircraft, spacecraft, satellites and missiles
4) Nuclear Engineer – $99,715 researches and develops ways to get benefits from nuclear energy and radiation
5) Computer Hardware Engineer – $98,134 designs, develops and tests computer equipment
6) Software Developer, Systems Software – $96,034 develops computer applications and underlying systems
7) Chemical Engineer – $92,934 applies chemistry, biology and physics to solve problems, typically involving the production of food, fuel, drugs, chemicals, etc
8) Electronics Engineer (excluding computer) – $91,478 designs and develops electronic components for use in fields such as telecommunications, aerospace, acoustics, etc
9) Actuary – $91,062 analyzes the financial cost of risk and uncertainty
10) Atmospheric and Space Scientist – $89,794 investigates the atmosphere and meteorological data to prepare reports and forecasts; includes weather analysts and forecasters.